Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Paris Skincare Haul: City Pharma

Whenever you're in Paris, a visit to one of the many French pharmacies is a must. Even for a girl living in Belgium, right next door to France, the product are a lot cheaper in France than the are here. So of course a visit to a pharmacy was necessary. When in Paris, I recommend going to the City Pharma in Rue du Four 26. This is one of the biggest pharmacies and probably the cheapest as well. This pharmacy is known for their cheap prices by the locals as well as beauty lovers from all around the world. With that being said, you'll have to keep in mind that this pharmacy is crowded pretty much all week long, yes even on week days. It makes it harder to walk through the aisles but the prices make it worth it for me. Because of the large amount of people going in and out of this store some of the things I wanted to get were out of stock. Nevertheless I brought some of my favorite product home with me and some new as well. Here we go.

There was no doubt that some bottles of Bioderma were coming home with me. These cost me half what I would have to pay in Belgium, so total bargain. I payed €15,50. Bioderma Créaline H20 is a micellar water that is amazing for cleansing the skin and taking of makeup. I can't live without it anymore.

I also bought a backup of my beloved Effaclar Duo by La Roche-Posay. I'm a really big fan of the brand La Roche-Posay. I think they have some really amazing products. It cost somewhere around €9,50 - about 6 euros cheaper than in Belgium. I also decided to try out a new product from the Effaclar range and went for the  Effaclar Mat. It's a moisturizer that is supposed to keep you're skin shine free during the day. I'm putting that to the test as we speak, so more on that soon. (I also have have the Effaclar A.I. which is great for spot treating blemishes.) I also cast somewhere around €9,50.

After hearing Essiebutton on Youtube rave about this lip balm so of course I had to see for myself and brought one home with me. She even said it was better than the Dior Crème de Rose lip balm, which has been a favorite of mine for quite some time now. I'm talking about the Nuxe Rêve de Miel lip balm. I'm hoping it's as good as she says it is cause it's a lot cheaper than the Dior lip balm. 

Lastly I had some beauty marks removed last summer that required stitches and that left some scars. I asked the lady what would work to kind of reduce the scaring that is left on my skin. She told be to go with Lavender Essential Oil but that you should use it within the first six months after the stitches. It's a little late for that but I thought I might still give it a try cause it may still work.. You never know, I think it's worth the try. The Lavender Essential Oil cost €7,05.

Then the things I didn't get. I really wanted some more of the La Roche-Posay Serozinc sprays but they were all sold out. I find these to be amazing during summer to refresh the skin and cleanse at the same time. The zinc actually kills bacteria. The price of these was €4,50 if I'm not mistaken, and in Belgium they would cost at least double - somewhere around €10. I also went on a search for the Avibon Vitamine A cream after reading about it on blogs about the best French skincare products. Vitamine A is a natural form of retiniol which is supposed to make skin turnover happen faster making it an amazing anti-aging product, but it would also be great for hyper pigmentation and blemishes. Unfortunately the Avibon cream is no longer available in any French pharmacy at all. 


What are some of your favorite French skincare products/brands? Or what are some of your other skincare favorites? Tell me in the comments below.

Lots of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment