Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

IMATS New York 2014

A couple of weeks ago I was in New York citytrippin' with my best friend. Being the makeup addict that we are, a quick stop at the International Make-up Artist Trade Show was kind of a given. We were lucky enough to be in New York when IMATS was happening so off we went on Saturday.
I was really looking forward to this convention because of all the amazing brands we can't get in Belgium and the awesome discounts. Plus I knew some of my favorite YouTube beauty gurus were going to be there! I didn't actually meet any of them though. We didn't even see them - but they were there. I knew the convention would be really crowded but man was that an unpleasant feeling. You had place to walk around but when it came to actually checking out the products of the different booths you needed an armor to keep people from pushing you away. 


Not only did you need protection but a chair or something would have been nice as well. The waiting line for Sigma Beauty was 2 hours long! I really didn't want to stand in line for that long but I really like their brushes and there's no other way for us to buy them other than online (without the discount), so we went with it. My wallet was already hating me from all the shopping we had already done - our trip was coming to an end - so I didn't get all that much. Here's what I got:

Hakuhodu blending brush:
After hearing some YouTubers rave about these brushes I decided to check these out when I had the chance. These brushes are really pricey, but they're meant to be amazing quality. I really wanted a nice brush for foundation but really couldn't spend over $80 on that so I went with an eye shadow blending brush that looks like the MAC 217. That brush is one of my holy grail brushes. The brushes are natural hair and really are the softest ones I've ever felt. It does an amazing job applying the product, as well as blending everything seamlessly together. Awesome! 

Outer Beauty Makeup Sponge and Tapered Kabuki:
I was on the hunt for some of these kabuki style makeup brushes for foundation and wasn't sure which one to buy when I was looking at the Sigma ones. Then I found Outer Beauty and saw that they had the same style brushes for a cheaper price. So I decided to pick up their tapered kabuki brushes. While I was at it I also brought home a makeup sponge that looks exactly like the beauty blender, for a fraction of the price. $6 to be exact. Bargain!

Sigma F84 Angled Kabuki - E45 Small Tapered Blending - E44 Firm Blender:
Only three brushes from Sigma came home with me, due to low budget. I went with another kabuki style brush, because why not? And to blending brushes for eye shadow cause you can never have enough of those either. These get the job done with ease. I love them all! I've never been disappointed with Sigma brushes. We also got a 'gift bag' with some samples of there make up product, the glove to wash your brushes, as well as two travel size brushes. The travel brushes were an E10 eyeliner brush and an E25 blending brush both of which I already own and love!

NYX Cosmetics Retractable Eye Liner in Silky Cashmere - Butter Lipstick in Fireball - Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo:
The eyeliner is a perfect rose gold eyeliner that stays on the waterline all day long. I love the color and it glides on really smoothly. I haven't actually tried the lip products yet so I'll keep you posted on that -  but I love both shades when swatched. The butter lipstick is a gorgeous coral and the lip cream is a dark matte red. 

Lots of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment